July 25, 2014

Faces of Feminism: India needs feminism because...

Earlier this week, we talked about Taslima Nasrin, a woman who gives a voice to doubt and human rights from India.

Typically, I stay away from international pieces. Maybe that's weird, but I don't feel like I can responsibly respond to such pieces when I am so grounded and influenced by my own culture. However, today, I want to show you these pictures, all credits to Buzzfeed, with no commentary but this.

It was Virginia Woolf who said, "As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, I want no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world." Those words ring so true to me as I read what these people living half a world away from me have to say.

We all need feminism. Here's a look at why India needs it, and as an American, I can relate.










These are only a handful of the pictures that you can find in the Buzzfeed piece. Take a look for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment